I feel this ache to be better connected to my husband. I find myself praying and asking around... how do we stay connected as 'Erik and Sarah' in the busyness of being parents?"
Thank you for praying for us/me! For me, I feel God has put desires in my heart these past two months that relate to my role as Erik's wife (and let me say, this has been a fun assignment!)
1) wearing some fresh clothes (thereby breaking the cycle of wearing maternity clothes three years straight)
2) getting a fresh hairstyle
3) working out at the Y with Erik, remembering muscles we'd forgotten for three years
4) prioritizing Erik in conversations - not just on dates, but even when the kids are present!
5) making time for regular, simple dates
6) (first, understand that we've had a total of 5 nights away from children over the past three years) getting away for a week together (the two of us) later this summer!!!!